Oneness

LOVING EACH DAY

My eyes were opened to the purpose of emotions, how they hold us to the lower levels as long as we do not use them for our own freedom. I saw that when emotion is negative, it reaches out to control, to possess, to have. It restricts;it binds; it inhibits. I could see how that applied to my life. I could see that when I had sought to have something in life - be it a particular relationship or job or object -that desire restricted me and left me less free than before. I could see how people put the acquisition of things first in their lives, thinking this will bring them peace and happiness, only to find themselves further and further away from the happiness they seek. In a positive sense, emotion is loving, caring, empathy. It allows people to feel connected, to banish loneliness, to enhance the sense of community and oneness.

John-Roger with Pauli Sanderson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grounded Spirituality

Lapis Lazuli Consciousness

Positivity